Job Title: Development Assistant
Responsible to: Fundraising and Membership Manager
Responsible for: Administration and assistance work in the development team and visitor services team, working with visitors, members, donors and supporters.
As Development Assistant you will deliver excellent care to customers, members and visitors, retaining and increasing support to help achieve Wildwood’s income targets and support the vision and mission of the Trust.
Download the full job description here.
1. Administration of Wildwood’s membership and adoption programmes, processing and efficiently keeping records on our CRM system.
2. Fulfilling memberships and adoptions by organising the delivery of welcome packs, emails and communications as required.
3. Providing warm, confident, and efficient customer service on the phone, in writing and in person.
4. Work with the team to deliver an excellent donor journey and stewardship programme to attract and retain supporters, including events, creative communications, and surprises.
5. Helping with internal park events.
6. Supporting the Fundraising and Membership Manager in organising meetings, visits and phone calls with higher level supporters and members to build positive relationships and foster further and future support.
7. Administration of financial information such as direct debits and gift aid.
8. Adhere to the Fundraising Code and Charity Commission guidelines and other external regulations (e.g. GDPR) – as set out by WWT's processes, policies and procedures.
Application is by C.V. and covering letter and must contain the following information:
• Name, address, contact phone numbers
• Personal Statement
• Employment history
• Educational history
You should include a statement of the relevant skills and experience that you believe you will bring to the job, paying careful attention to the requirements of the job outlined above. You should give two referees to whom we can turn for a confidential reference, one of whom should be your current or most recent employer. References will only be taken up for those candidates chosen for interview or, with regard to current employer, on offer of contract.
Applications will not normally be acknowledged. If you would like yours to be acknowledged, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed postcard.
Applications should be sent to Helen Sayers, Wildwood Trust, Herne Common, Herne Bay, Kent, CT6 7LQ. Or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application is on 31st May.